A Taste of Italy Classes
Essential Italian Cooking:
This class covers the essentials for an Italian Cookery Experience:
- Homemade Ragu using our homebred Galloway Beef with Quorn or Beans as vegetarian options.
- Classic White Besciamella (Bechemel) Sauce made using the Roux method for a rich and creamy sauce.
- Fresh Pasta which will be rolled out using Pasta Machines into Lasagne sheets.
- We will layer these to make a delicious Lasagne which you can enjoy in our dining room as your main course or take home to eat later.
- Our starter is Risotto which is an essential in my kitchen as it is so versatile.
Classic Italian Cooking:
Enjoy cooking these Italian Classics which we are certain will become regular household favourites:
- Classic Cannelloni incorporates both an Italian Ragu & a Besciamella (Bechemel) Sauce as well as minced pork & beef.
- We offer a vegetarian option of Spinach & Ricotta which is equally delicious.
- A quick dip in boiling water helps create the fresh pasta Cannelloni tube.
- Tiramisu can be very time consuming so we will teach this quick method so you can can easily enjoy this classic Italian dessert.
This Italian Feast is chocked full of Italian favourites that you can recreate at home:
- Homemade Gnocchi is so much nicer than the bought version, it is simply a mixture of potato and flour but the ratios are key!
- Parmigiana is meat, Quorn or vegetables coated in breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan and either baked or fried.
- Arancini are Homemade Risotto is shaped around a nugget of cheese and then coated in breadcrumbs before being baked so that the cheese is deliciously gooey!
- Homemade bread is always a winner, these Garlic Dough Bites are super easy to make and only need a short second prove then a quick blast in the oven – I’m sure you’ve had them before in one of our country’s favourite restaurants!
- All of our Italian Feast bites work well with a Tomato Ragu so we will make our Tomato sauce and leave it to reduce, sweeten and thicken as we create the rest of the Feast.